Pedorthic Association of Australia
The Pedorthic Association of Australia represents the professional practitioners of Pedorthics, a field concerned with the provision of medical grade footwear, orthotic appliances and expert and appropriate advice to patients after detailed assessment and analysis of the patient’s problem(s).
Pedorthists are skilled in the provision of:
- Advice on the need and application of medical grade footwear and orthotic appliances
- Prefabricated footwear
- Alteration of prefabricated footwear
- Custom designed and manufactured footwear
- Custom designed and manufactured orthotic appliances
The Pedorthic Association of Australia is a key stakeholder in the medical grade footwear industry and is passionate about:
- Educating its members in current best practices
- Encouraging and facilitating high level uniform practice of its members through development of industry standards
- Collaborating with other professionals in advances in the area of foot and lower limb health
- Providing professional opportunities for the exchange of information throughout the membership through conferences and publications
- Representing its members when it sees the opportunity to improve and advance the foot and lower limb health field.
PAA is open to new members including:
- Professionals in the Medical Grade Footwear industry
- Other health practitioners
- Special interest groups interested in the field of foot and lower limb health and well-being
Become a member of the PAA and partner with us to create a strong future for all Australian Pedorthists.