To bring Pedorthics to the forefront of foot and lower limb healthcare across the country so more Australians can experience the benefit of pedorthic care.
To represent and advocate for the profession, lead and educate pedorthic practitioners, and improve overall patient outcome.
- Integrity and loyalty to all members
- Accountability to members, stakeholders, and the public
- Collaboration with our partners in foot and lower limb health
Pedorthists are skilled in the provision of:
- Advice on the need and application of medical grade footwear and orthotic appliances
- Prefabricated footwear
- Alteration of prefabricated footwear
- Custom designed and manufactured footwear
- Custom designed and manufactured orthotic appliances
The Pedorthic Association of Australia is a key stakeholder in the medical grade footwear industry and is passionate about:
- Educating its members in current best practices
- Encouraging and facilitating high level uniform practice of its members through development of industry standards
- Collaborating with other professionals in advances in the area of foot and lower limb health
- Providing professional opportunities for the exchange of information throughout the membership through conferences and publications
- Representing its members when it sees the opportunity to improve and advance the foot and lower limb health field.
The PAA is open to new members including;
- Professionals in the pedorthic and medical grade footwear industry
- Other health practitioners with interest in foot health
- Undergraduate pedorthic students
- Special interest groups interested in the field of foot and lower limb health and well-being
Become a member of the PAA and partner with us to create a strong future for all Australian Pedorthists.