Joining the Pedorthic Association of Australia is an investment in your career, your profession and your future, but we are only as strong as our membership. The Pedorthic Association of Australia is raising the awareness of Australian pedorthists both nationally and internationally. Numerous advocacy and marketing campaigns are run each year to state and federal government bodies, private health insurances, health practitioners, and consumers to strengthen the pedorthic profession in Australian allied health.
Advocacy and Awareness
The PAA is determined to continually build an active, engaged and passionate pedorthic community. Additionally, the Association creates channels for pedorthists within specific fields and geographic locations to network, share ideas, ask questions and communicate with one another.
As a member, you will receive the following benefits:
- Discounted registration for the annual Pedorthic Symposium of Australia
- Discounted registration for Symposium workshops
- Discounted registration for CPD and other PAA led training and certification programmes
- Exclusive access to Professional Indemnity, Public and Products Liability Insurance through BMS (more details below).
- Access to online CPD platform
- Exclusive discount for PROVIDERplus membership and VIP Verified Registration services
- Discounted rates for PAA online purchases
- Receipt of the monthly electronic newsletter Pedorthic Newswire
- A hard copy of the quarterly Pedorthic Newsletter
- An electronic copy of Current Pedorthics, the official journal of the Pedorthic Footcare Association of USA.
- A copy of the bi-annual Foot and Shoe, an official Pedorthic magazine supporting the IVO.
- Access to the Members Only section of the PAA
- Use of the PAA Current Member logo for promotional activities.
PAA & BMS Insurance
As a member of the PAA, Certified Pedorthists have access to exclusive discounted premiums for the following cover from BMS:
- $20 million Professional Indemnity Insurance
- $20 million Public and Product Liability Insurance
The PAA is for members who want recognition of their competency to provide a full service in the Pedorthic profession.
The PAA caters to many different levels and skillsets, to help you move forward in your career and expand your knowledge in many different fields.
The PAA offers a number of events including lectures, courses, workshops, our annual national conference. PAA members are entitled to discounted registration fees on all our organised events.
Members also gain access to Ultimate Podiatrist, an online CPD platform with a library of webinars and online courses.