The Pedorthic Association of Australia (PAA) represents its members in matters pertaining to pedorthics and the pedorthic profession in Australia.
Your information and your right to privacy
The PAA collects personal information to enable us to register and manage membership status, to communicate with members, to provide referrals to the public, to report on membership status, to collate general professional data, to provide contacts for research purposes and to perform other activities related to the Association’s functions. We also collect information to enable us to offer products, events, and activites to both members and non-members. You can elect to provide as much or as little information as you choose, although the PAA requires a minimum set of information to provide access to its site.
The Pedorthic Association of Australian will under no circumstances sell, trade, or rent any personal information that you supply to it to any third party. The PAA has partnerships with commercial organisations and those partners will, from time to time, request to send information to people on the PAA database as part of the partnership.
The Pedorthic Association of Australia may disclose personal information to the following third parties to satisfy standard operating procedures of the PAA:
- IT service providers
- Marketing and communication agencies
- Agencies that conduct member surveys on our behalf
- Mailing houses
- Printers that print and distribute our publications and marketing material
The site may include links to third-party websites, plugins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
The PAA adheres to the principles set out in data protection legislation when handling personal data, and works hard to protect personal information at all times. The Association’s database information is protected by password access. Association emails are not encrypted and authors of email content should be aware not to include personal, sensitive, or commercial in-confidence material.
The Pedorthic Association of Australia may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. It collects and process personal data about you when you:
- Access and use the site and its services
- Register an account on the site
- Leave a comment on the site
- Make an enquiry about a particular product on the site
- Submit a general enquiry to the Pedorthic Association of Australia
- Subscribe to the PAA’s newsletter
- Leave your feedback or review on the site
- Make a payment through the site
The Pedorthic Association of Australia may hold the following information about you:
- Name, address, telephone number(s)
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Transaction details associated with services we have provided to you
- Additional information provided by us to you
- The information you have provided to us via client/member surveys
Access to personal information
You have the right to review and alter any personal membership information that the Pedorthic Association of Australia stores about you. Should you wish to access this information, please contact the PAA. Unless the access you request will require special steps or significant resources, there will be no charge for providing you with this access.
To change your personal information, you must log in to your account with your unique login and password via the Pedorthic Association of Australia website www.pedorthics.org.au
By choosing to register on the Pedorthic Association of Australia website, or as a member of the Pedorthic Association of Australia, or as a delegate, exhibitor, sponsor, or delegate of our events, you may receive information from the PAA about membership, PAA services, PAA partner information and offers. The PAA uses this method to communicate quickly with you. You have the right to refuse inclusion on a mailing list. You can make a request to remove your email address from a mailing list by contact the PAA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PAA uses your email address, your mailing address, and phone number to contact you regarding administrative notices, publications, and communications relevant to your use of the site. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you have the ability to opt out by contacting the PAA at email@example.com.
As part of the normal operation of this site, your internet browser will be sent a “cookie”, which is a temporary internet file. This cookie enhances the site’s functionality with features such as membership login and electronic ordering. By itself, this cookie can only identify your computer to the Pedorthic Association of Australia’s server; it is not used to identify you personally.
Your personal password to access the Pedorthic Association of Australia website protects your privacy. We recommend that you do not disclose, share, or reveal this password to any other individual.
Pedorthists and PAA membership
If you are a certified pedorthist and choose to become a member of the PAA, and we hope that you do, the PAA will ask you for additional personal details. Relevant information is disclosed to the public on the internet via the PAA’s ‘Find a Pedorthist’ online searchable database only. You can opt out of being featured on this online database by contacting the PAA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your information is stored on the PAA’s server located in a secure data housing facility. The PAA is committed to using industry standard mechanisms to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers.
Credit card information
The Pedorthic Association of Australia website does not permanently store any credit card information on this site.
PAA member and customer privacy
The Pedorthic Association of Australia has a strong commitment to protecting your privacy and ensuring the confidentiality and security of personal information provided to the PAA by you. As an organisation, the Pedorthic Association of Australia is required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, which came into effect in March 2014.
You have the right to access the personal information about yourself held by the PAA and to correct information which is inaccurate. To change your information, you must log into your account with your unique login and password via the PAA website www.pedorthics.org.au.
The information you have provided to the PAA is used to:
- Process and fulfill product and event orders, including shipping, issuing of tickets, and event registrations
- Process applications and renewals and to update membership records
- To report on membership status
- Notify members of the public that you have met our requirements for credentialing
- Provide information to consumers and others on the availability of pedorthic services
- Conduct market research in order to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of PAA members
- Ensure compliance with the Pedorthic Association of Australia’s Constitution and Code of Conduct
- Provide you with the PAA publications and information
- Provide you with access to and information about current and future member benefits
- To communicate and cooperate with other health organisations, professional bodies, and government departments and agencies
- To collate data about the profession
- To investigate and manage complaints about members
- To publish information regarding disciplinary matters or complaints and provide such information to external organisation, including other professional bodies, regulatory bodies and agencies
- To consider and assess applications for employment with the Association
- To administer our relationship with third parties, such as our contractors and agents
- To plan, manage, review and audit our activities and processes
- To perform any of our other functions and activities
If you have a complaint about the way the Pedorthic Association of Australia has handled your personal information, we will endeavor to resolve your complaint promptly. Please contact us by:
- Writing to the Pedorthic Association of Australia, PO Box 349, Dee Why, NSW 2099
- Calling 1300 734 644
- Emailing email@example.com