Pedorthic Shoe Fitting Course 20th & 27th November
Day 1 Online Learning
Day 2 Face-to-Face Learning
Losing sales because the shoe won’t fit?
IMPROVE YOUR SHOE FITTING KNOWLEDGE!
Become more confident fitting medical grade footwear, select the correct shoe for the medical condition, and know how to deal with problematic feet.
The course will cover the following:
- Anatomy and pathology as it relates to footwear
- Conduct medical grade footwear assessments for clients with footwear-related conditions
- Modify medical grade footwear
- Select and adjust prefabricated footwear related orthoses
- Select and adjust prefabricated medical grade footwear and accessories
- Sell products and services
- Advise on products and services
- Interact with customers
- Practice Management
- Orthotics, Orthoses and Custom-made footwear knowledge
THIS IS A TWO-DAY STANDALONE INSTRUCTIONAL COURSE AND INVOLVES SOME THEORY:
- Case study lectures that have a practical application on medical grade footwear fitting
- Hands on fitting instructions and hands on fitting with retail level footwear modification in a pedorthic setting
- Hands on assessment within the retail setting, pedograph, ROM check, Brannock, foot impression, evaluation of skin, monofilament, vibration test.
Pre-requisites: This course assumes a basic knowledge on anatomy and pathology around lower limb related health matters. (We can make reference to our online course here)
The course hours will contribute to the Pedorthic Certification pathway and professional development hours.
If you are seeking Pedorthic Retail Certification: This course and the online course are mandatory if you seek certifiction. The course will contain some exam element.
If you are not seeking Pedorthic Retail Certification: A certificate of attendance will be issued.
To further your knowledge in Pedorthics, students may choose to do the online course. It covers a deeper level of anatomy and pathology around lower limb related health matters.
This course is recommended for:
Shoe store retailers, pharmacy footwear retailers, therapeutic and health shoe store retailers and those in the health care team that may work with footwear or prescribe footwear modifications.
6 in stock